• Flag Topic
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

Becoming a part of the forum

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:21 PM

I get this error and I have been trying to find a solution for it. Does anyone know how to fix it? Would be greatly appreciated, thx /Evire

Advertisement

#2 OFFLINE   irogue

irogue

Forum Allstar

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

I think you should realise there is two bin folders if i recall properly and it seems you have only copied it to one of those folders or the wrong one?

There is the bin folder in C:\Program Files\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\bin - this is where the client.dll should be copied over to, if you have and it still is giving the error right click on the client.dll that is in this folder and make sure it is not marked as "read only", then delete this file and copy over the fixed one.

#3 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

Thank you but, which client.dll should i copy?

#4 OFFLINE   KKHfai

KKHfai

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

Thank you but,
which client.dll should i copy?

This issue can be causing by many thing there. Tell us where you get the update and which Steam Emulator that you use. If can, more detail will be good.

#5 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

This issue can be causing by many thing there. Tell us where you get the update and which Steam Emulator that you use. If can, more detail will be good.

I am a "costumer" at darksteam(.info) so I downloaded the game through there Preloader. Then I updated the game using CFToolbox which gets the patches from steam, if I'm not correct. Then I have tried different Rev-Emu patches but now I'm trying to use the stryder loader.

This is a pic of my folder, just to get you an idea of it

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   KKHfai

KKHfai

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

No way... if you dont own the game, you cant get the full NCF from CF Tool Box there. L4D2 are using 2 NCF such as "left 4 dead 2 common.ncf" and "left 4 dead 2 client.ncf" for the game there. The "left 4 dead 2 common.ncf" can be downloaded at Steam or CF Tool Box and the "left 4 dead 2 client.ncf" you cant get it thru Steam or CF Tool Box. So i think you miss up the one that cant be downloaded bcoz the client.dll is in the "left 4 dead 2 client.ncf" So... open your CF Tool Box and check how many NCF for Left 4 Dead 2 there.

#7 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

on the client.ncf i get outdated. When i try to upload it it gives me download error xD Think I'll download from somewhere els.

#8 OFFLINE   KKHfai

KKHfai

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

on the client.ncf i get outdated. When i try to upload it it gives me download error xD
Think I'll download from somewhere els.

Which version of the "left 4 dead 2 client.ncf" you have now? See i can help or not.

#9 OFFLINE   Masih

Masih

Still a Newb

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hello I have the same problem, please help I can't play l4d2, new version ruined my whole fun, I saw in the REV , the comment is out  I mean before Client.dll there is sign  # I try to took it and try to run the game but I will get the error of Vsteam is not running, I have update 2.0.4.2 ,also I can't open my server browsers, before it was easy just go to the game and servers pumped up and I could join but now I can't even find them,like I said new update 2.0.4.1. ruined everything , before everything was fineeeeeeeeeeee,OH god I'm so sad. Pleaseeeeeeeeee help

#10 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

oh sry, I actully deleted the game and began to update another one. You will hear from me! Do you have xfire? My xfire is: evire, please add me.

#11 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

Now it is working, and my game version is 3.8 i think. And the newest on masterservers is 4.2. Where can I get that?

#12 OFFLINE   Masih

Masih

Still a Newb

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

Here

http://www.epcgaming...,16523.150.html

#13 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

Here

http://www.epcgaming...,16523.150.html

That link takes me to 3.8. I want 4.2

#14 OFFLINE   KKHfai

KKHfai

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

That link takes me to 3.8. I want 4.2

Here you go http://blog.theevilp...-2-no.html#more

#15 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

Here you go http://blog.theevilp...-2-no.html#more

Thank you
+REP

#16 OFFLINE   Masih

Masih

Still a Newb

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

oh, ok, but I've got mine there, there are 11 parts in hotfiles, I don't know if you saw that or not but that where you get it from, anyway, KH send the link there you go. I've got 2.0.4.2 working but my problem is I can't find servers in the game uneless I connect them through console, I've been trying to say this but nobody get that, Game is working everything is fine, couple things changed, first load game so slow, and won't browse any servers, speacially Marvelous gaming, that's my favorite server, Hopefully thing will go back to normal. My idea of updating is to correct things not to ruin it, I appreciate you guys for all your afford also I would like to donate something to the owner of this site or whoever is running it , what should I do???

#17 OFFLINE   Evire

Evire

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

oh, ok, but I've got mine there, there are 11 parts in hotfiles, I don't know if you saw that or not but that where you get it from, anyway, KH send the link there you go.
I've got 2.0.4.2 working but my problem is I can't find servers in the game uneless I connect them through console, I've been trying to say this but nobody get that, Game is working everything is fine, couple things changed, first load game so slow, and won't browse any servers, speacially Marvelous gaming, that's my favorite server, Hopefully thing will go back to normal.
My idea of updating is to correct things not to ruin it, I appreciate you guys for all your afford also I would like to donate something to the owner of this site or whoever is running it , what should I do???

Update your masterservers
And sometimes the servers only show up after you just bin into one. It show on the lower button on the screen as Groups or something.

#18 OFFLINE   Masih

Masih

Still a Newb

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

where??? can you be more clear, what should I do? where to update????

#19 OFFLINE   irogue

irogue

Forum Allstar

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:29 AM

Goto the location where your Masterservers.vdf file is located (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\L4D II\bin\config) then right click on the file MasterServer.vdf and make sure it is set to "Read Only".

The orange text contains a link to the latest Masterservers.vdf file so you cna always delete the current one in the above mentioned location and download a new one and copy it to the config folder and mark it as read only, this way it is not overwritten when the game loads up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

You are viewing the forum as a Guest!
Please Login or Register!