Does anyone know if a Welcome Sound/Join Server mod has been verified to work with L4D2?
I know the HEROES L4D2 Coop campaign server has found a way to do it.
All the mods I reviewed thus far were said to have been incompatible with l4d2...
HOW TO DO IT:
- The welcome screen supports non-animated .GIF and .PNG images.
- Welcome screen (your image) pixel size: 766x383
THIS IS WHERE I CAN SPEAK FOR MYSELF REGARDING AUDIO FILES SINCE I AM A COMPOSER
- You can use with wav or mp3 format for the audio files.
- I would recommend using .mp3 files due to their smaller file size compared to .wav!
- For the love of god reduce the decibels (db or volume) of the audio file before you upload it to a hosting service (Mediafire etc. etc.) so you don't blow the ears of the connecting clients! -10db is sufficient
- There is no need for the audio files being over 98kps bitrate, nor 24-bit. Anything over these settings is a waste of bandwidth and causes excessive download time for the client to obtain the file.
- Sony Sound Forge, Sony Vegas, Cakewalk SONAR all have dropout effects for you to use and save the audio file to whatever settings you want.
1) Upload your image to photobucket or another image hosting service.
2) Upload the audio file (.mp3) to a hosting service (MediaFire etc. etc.)
Edit your motd.txt file (directory: left4dead2/leftfordead2/motd.txt) as the following script (also attached for you to download):
<img src="INSERT THE IMAGE URL YOU WANT HERE.png""100%" "100%"
<BGSOUND src="INSERT THE AUDIO FILE YOU WANT HERE.mp3">
THIS IS MY PERSONAL MOTD.TXT FOR YOU TO REFERENCE:
Just come and play on our server already to see how this works: 184.108.40.206:27016
This refeshes the motd everytime someone hits the motd key (so I can cange the motd instantly without having to reset the map/server.
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://svdownload.e-frag.co.uk/users/Knappy/motd.html">