satannuts

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

OUTDATED!!
New How-to's HERE

Installing:
1-Download and Install Skidrow release, (other full retail releases will work also)
2-Download the online fix <a href="http://rapidshare.co...e_fix_9.5.5.rar">HERE</a>  (revolution's steam emulator)
3-Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package: <a href="http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en">32-bit</a> or <a href="http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en">64-bit</a>
4-Extract online fix into left 4 dead folder.
5-Edit rev.ini to change your "name" and save it.
6-Create shortcut to left4dead.exe and add <b> -console</b> to the launch parameters.
7-Launch the game and uncheck "Steam Cloud" and accept.
[leaving steam cloud checked will result in the game crashing everytime you start it, until steam cloud entry is removed from registry!]

Playing online:
1-Download and install <a href="http://www.epcgaming...p?topic=13034.0">Qtracker</a>.
2-Add Half-life 2 as new game, Right click HL2 in the games&folders tab and add new folder.
3-name this folder left4dead and right click it - select properties - and set the program launch directory and exe and add <b>-console</b> to the command parameter line.
4-Copy and paste the server list into Qtracker left4dead folder.
5-Right click available server and connect now.

9zlk6q.jpgsatannuts.png

Advertisement

#2 OFFLINE   jedispiderman

jedispiderman

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:27 AM

I dont get this, where is parameter line? I CLicked properties on the shortcut and i dont see launch parameter lines anywhere, also i downloaded visual c++ and no luck! the game still tells me i need to be on steam to play.

#3 OFFLINE   bcmalloy

bcmalloy

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:15 AM

look for the "Target" line and add -console to the end like  this "C:\games\Left 4 Dead\left4dead.exe" -console

#4 OFFLINE   mrtesticles

mrtesticles

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

help i get the "server requires steam to be running" thing what do i do? plz help also how do i disable/uncheck steam cloud? i also added "-console" in the target parameter also when i get to this part: 3-name this folder left4dead and right click it - select properties - and set the program launch directory and exe and add -console to the command parameter line. i set the program launch directory, but nothing appears on the command parameter line.

#5 OFFLINE   Maskhunter

Maskhunter

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

[color=black]It Worked! :o Thanks alot! I really wanted to play this game online with my friends :D

#6 OFFLINE   HotMuffin

HotMuffin

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:57 AM

Is this still working? o_0

#7 OFFLINE   sabanknight

sabanknight

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:02 AM

help i get the "server requires steam to be running" thing

what do i do? plz help

also how do i disable/uncheck steam cloud?

i also added "-console" in the target parameter

also when i get to this part: 3-name this folder left4dead and right click it - select properties - and set the program launch directory and exe and add -console to the command parameter line.
i set the program launch directory, but nothing appears on the command parameter line.

same issue

#8 OFFLINE   Leverpostei

Leverpostei

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:35 AM

I don't understand this part: "Add Half-life 2 as new game, Right click HL2 in the games&folders tab and add new folder."

#9 OFFLINE   jedispiderman

jedispiderman

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

I don't understand this part:

"Add Half-life 2 as new game, Right click HL2 in the games&folders tab and add new folder."

ok first of all u download qtracker, on qtracker you click on addgames and add half life 2.

ok step 2 u select half life 2 from games on the left side of your screen theres a panel that hides and shows that has games and u right click half life 2 and add new folder and name it left 4 dead. Now u continue with the steps above! if you need any help just ask, were here to help!

#10 OFFLINE   orbitice

orbitice

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hey guys, nice guide. Worked a treat, one question though.  After I play a game, quit L4D, then start again, the achievements do not carry over.  There has to be something I am missing as other people save theirs and I'm getting tired of continuously being refered to as noob.  Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas

#11 OFFLINE   Crusher05

Crusher05

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:44 AM

OMG some one help plz, every time i lunch the game says needs to be lodded in to steem, i cant get steam to run at all some one help, i turned the immulater on and acivated every in the rev file and still nothing, i dont know what to do some one plz

#12 OFFLINE   guinefort

guinefort

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:04 AM

The steam 'must be logged in' problem went away for me once I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. Make sure you didn't just blow it off.

#13 OFFLINE   sabanknight

sabanknight

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

The steam 'must be logged in' problem went away for me once I installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. Make sure you didn't just blow it off.

Tried reinstalling it and still gives me the message when I try and play online

#14 OFFLINE   yaoiyaoi

yaoiyaoi

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:47 AM

Hi guys, I think I did everything right, but for some reason I can't get it to run. After I choose a server on Qtracker and click on go > now , left 4 dead will launch, but right as I'm loading the game menu, the game crashes/quits, followed with a messages that says engine error: couldn't allocate any server IP port, tried 2 addresses. I tried like 15-20 different addresses, all of them supposedly online, working, and with empty slots, but the same thing kept happening. Also, all the cracked servers I loaded on qtracker has the same properties: 0/0 users, no server name, 0 kb/s, "unidentified". I followed all the steps correctly, or so it seems, so I don't know what's going on. Help :(!

#15 OFFLINE   Logan.PL

Logan.PL

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hi guys, I had the same problem, but last knight I figured it out. "4-Extract online fix into left 4 dead folder." The tip is you must extract the "online fix" to second "left 4 dead" folder. It's in the first left 4 death folder. And the real .exe file is there. Once you extract the "Online Fix" the right place, it will change the .exe file. And ask you to do that. You must say yes and change the existing .exe file.

Then you can play online. It worked for me. Hope work for you too..

#16 OFFLINE   dapirogy

dapirogy

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

This is definitely way better than the Garena stuff. If only if there were more people who made servers/

#17 OFFLINE   zola

zola

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

yeah i am having the same "steam must be bla bla bla"problem.why is this not working? damn i realy want to play... :-[

#18 OFFLINE   satannuts

satannuts

Forum God

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

yeah i am having the same "steam must be bla bla bla"problem.why is this not working?
damn i realy want to play... :-[

DID you read the top post here? THis guide is outdated...
please refer to the L4D FILES & GUIDES thread for up-to-date info!

9zlk6q.jpgsatannuts.png

#19 OFFLINE   icheissesatch

icheissesatch

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

Hi guys, I think I did everything right, but for some reason I can't get it to run. After I choose a server on Qtracker and click on go > now , left 4 dead will launch, but right as I'm loading the game menu, the game crashes/quits, followed with a messages that says engine error: couldn't allocate any server IP port, tried 2 addresses.

I tried like 15-20 different addresses, all of them supposedly online, working, and with empty slots, but the same thing kept happening.

Also, all the cracked servers I loaded on qtracker has the same properties: 0/0 users, no server name, 0 kb/s, "unidentified". I followed all the steps correctly, or so it seems, so I don't know what's going on.

Help :(!

having exact same problem =/

#20 OFFLINE   CCJ

CCJ

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

Does this ONLY applies to full games or rips?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

You are viewing the forum as a Guest!
Please Login or Register!