Photo

Steam Beta must be running to make use of Find Servers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hello, I am using the TF2 EPC 1.0.9.5 release, updated with the patches by KHHFai, from 1.0.9.5 all the way to 1.1.4.2. I have also installed TF2 Ultimate Patch v1.7 by ZexDestroyer. Even after all this, every time I open the game, I launch the server browser and I get the message: 'Steam Beta must be running to make use of Find Servers'. Even when I try to connect to a server with the console I get the message: 'You are in insecure mode. You must restart before you can connect to secure servers.' Please I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks, Slasher

Advertisement

#2 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Anyone? Please I can't play online until this gets fixed.

#3 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

No one ever has this issue?

#4 OFFLINE   Zexdestroyer

Zexdestroyer

Forum Icon

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Read this : http://www.epcgaming...373.0;msg=77598

#5 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

I went onto your link and I did what it said, I even uploaded the log file, but now, I can't see it there anymore. That has been no help. I appreciate your help, but it hasn't worked so far. Do you have any other solution?

#6 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

Zexdestroyer, I found out the problem. It seems that your TF2 Ultimate Patch was not installing properly in the Program Files folder at all, not even the TF2 Junk Remover was. I think it might have to do with the fact that I am installing in Program Files\Valve\Team Fortress 2, which is a different install location than the default. So what I managed to do was use 7zip to extract the TF2 Junk Remover first onto the desktop, than copy it onto the Team Fortress 2 install location, and run it. Then, I tried using 7zip to extract the TF2 Ultimate Patch 1.8, but it didn't work, so I made the installer 'install' the files onto a folder on the desktop. I then copied the extracted files onto the install location and BAM! It all worked, I could see all servers. Zexdestroyer, could you please look into this issue on the installer and will be glad to help you fix this issue (testing).

#7 OFFLINE   Zexdestroyer

Zexdestroyer

Forum Icon

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Zexdestroyer, I found out the problem. It seems that your TF2 Ultimate Patch was not installing properly in the Program Files folder at all, not even the TF2 Junk Remover was. I think it might have to do with the fact that I am installing in Program Files\Valve\Team Fortress 2, which is a different install location than the default. So what I managed to do was use 7zip to extract the TF2 Junk Remover first onto the desktop, than copy it onto the Team Fortress 2 install location, and run it. Then, I tried using 7zip to extract the TF2 Ultimate Patch 1.8, but it didn't work, so I made the installer 'install' the files onto a folder on the desktop. I then copied the extracted files onto the install location and BAM! It all worked, I could see all servers. Zexdestroyer, could you please look into this issue on the installer and will be glad to help you fix this issue (testing).

Thanks for the reply and the fix. Your help is greatly appreciated.
I think it was the fact that Installer was not overwriting the files currently installed.
As for the TF2 Junk Remover..., it may take some time to fix the issue.

#8 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

Will you look into the issue and fix it in the next release of your TF2 Ultimate Patch?

#9 OFFLINE   Zexdestroyer

Zexdestroyer

Forum Icon

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Will you look into the issue and fix it in the next release of your TF2 Ultimate Patch?

I fixed the issue..., but i need feedback from you guys when TF2 UP v1.9 comes out.

#10 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:47 PM

Ok sure. If I remember I will post on this thread the results of the new patch to see if it works properly or not. BTW, you will need to fix the Junk Remover as well, as it is also affected by the issue.

#11 OFFLINE   Zexdestroyer

Zexdestroyer

Forum Icon

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

Ok sure. If I remember I will post on this thread the results of the new patch to see if it works properly or not. BTW, you will need to fix the Junk Remover as well, as it is also affected by the issue.

As for the TF2 Junk Remover..., it may take some time to fix the issue.

Working on that issue. I will add admin privileges to extract TF2 Junk Remover in v1.3

#12 OFFLINE   SlasherIT

SlasherIT

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Ok good. By default, your installers should ask for Admin privileges via UAC, to make sure it will run properly.

You are viewing the forum as a Guest!
Please Login or Register!