• Flag Topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

please help i'm getting, "iw4mp.dat has stopped working", anyone know what the problem is, it worked no problem when I was running Windows XP but now I'm using Windows 7 I get that message.

Advertisement

#2 OFFLINE   KKHfai

KKHfai

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

How about the DotNet Framework and the Visual C++? Have you install it?

#3 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Thank you for the reply, I just installed net frame as i didn't have it on Windows 7, but still get the same problem, I assume that visual C++ was installed when I installed the game. The file updates when I first clicked on it, but then gives me that error message.

#4 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Anyone ?????

#5 OFFLINE   minininjatriforceman

minininjatriforceman

Forum Guru

• Forum member
  • PipPipPip
  • Country Flag

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

download the multiplayer rip it can be found here it comes pre cracked you will have no trouble. All you have to do is rename your character if you have played previously backup your files by following this path.
C:/x86programfiles/Activison/Modern Warfare 2/players
1. Download torrent.
2. Unzip
3. Go to alteriwnet_configure and rename your player
4. Then activate impw4.exe and let it update
5. Type sentence exactly how it is.
6. Enjoy the game if you ever run into me my name is antinoob

note extract to the program files or wherever you store your games because clearing or moving the folder will ruin the game.

Kudos to theplaq for helping me figure it out.
here is the place where you can get the torrent. Download the mp rip
http://alteriw.net/v...ic.php?f=3&t=24

Every time a cheater enters a game or a spammer enters this forum a panda is brutally beaten to death with a bamboo stick, a puppy is eaten by a North Korean, and a kitten gets ran over by a car so don\\\'t cheat or spam for the animals sake.

#6 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:03 PM

I just downloaded the multiplayer rip from the link you provided, I am getting exactly the same error message! This is doing my head in now as I add the game running no problem with windows XP!

#7 OFFLINE   KKHfai

KKHfai

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

I dont think is the game fault there, it must be the system requirement. Have you try updated both DotNet Framework and the Visual C++ at Microsoft?

#8 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

No it's not the game as I tried it on my other pc running Windows XP and it loaded no problem, it just seems to be  this new PC i build which is running Windows 7,

#9 OFFLINE   KKHfai

KKHfai

Forum God

• Administrator
  • Country Flag

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:03 PM

No it's not the game as I tried it on my other pc running Windows XP and it loaded no problem, it just seems to be  this new PC i build which is running Windows 7,

So..... check your system requirement there and make sure all requirement there are up to date.

#10 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

When I install the game on Windows 7 and run the single player crack the game works flawlessly! But as soon as I run the multiplayer crack I get the above error message, and also single player no longer starts giving me the following error message "iw4sp.dat has stopped working" so same as the above but now for the single player so I know what my PC is more than capable of running this game

#11 OFFLINE   Alko

Alko

Forum God

• Administrator

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Head to control panel > sound > recording and enable stereo mix. See if that fixes it.

#12 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Head to control panel > sound > recording and enable stereo mix. See if that fixes it.

no mate still don't work  :(

#13 OFFLINE   mrwhite35

mrwhite35

Still a Newb

• Topic Starter
  • Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

is anyone on here running this with windows 7 ?

#14 OFFLINE   tornadomad

tornadomad

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

please help i'm getting, "iw4mp.dat has stopped working", anyone know what the problem is, it worked no problem when I was running Windows XP but now I'm using Windows 7 I get that message.

Here's a great fix. Go to your local GameStop or other game retailer, find MW2 PC, take it to the counter, give the guy behind the counter $60.00, take the game home, and viola! Working SP and MP.

#15 OFFLINE   DrSeXxXo

DrSeXxXo

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

i am getting the exact same problem !!! ive been trying for 3 days now,still nothing,same problem always !!! ive tried several methods,other downloads,but it all ends the same,somebody please help !!! i am also running windows 7,ive got .NETframework 4 and visual c++ 2008,if i need .NETframework 3.5,then please tell me how to install it,i run the installation            and nothing happens,please help guys !!!

#16 OFFLINE   DrSeXxXo

DrSeXxXo

• Forum member
  • Pip

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

hey i found a solution !!!!  :D first download and install ccleaner before you start then pen regedit (Start -> Run "regedit") Find this directory: Code: Select all HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mi­crosoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Find key APPINIT_DLLS, then right click,Open Binary Data,and delete everything inside,there should be 0000 inside left,because that cannot be deleted,at least not on my system. If you have 64-bit system, repeat it with this directory: Code: Select all HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wo­w6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Find key APPINIT_DLLS, then right click,Open Binary Data,and delete everything inside. after you have done that,run ccleaner,registry and click "scan for issues" after its done, click "fix selected issues" and make a backup,in case there is a problem,you must always make a backup,after it has deleted the registry keys restart your computer,it should work the next time you run it,worked for me and many more people  ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

You are viewing the forum as a Guest!
Please Login or Register!